1. I have this minor, okay fine MAJOR, concern that we won’t be able to find cheese while sailing. Yes, I’m a crazy cheese lunatic. So no cheese = major problem.
I am confident however that we will be able to purchase cheese at most of the bigger more populated islands, but what about all the tiny remote ones? Any chance we’ll find decent cheese at those small local markets?
2. Luckily, I ran to World Market the other day (for something unrelated) and found an assortment of different types of *non-refrigerated* cheese. In block form — and not the laughing cow stuff either. ^^These^^ small blocks of vacuum-sealed cheese are good through early 2015 unless opened. …So I bought 10 blocks. Obviously. And yes, I realize these are not straight from France or anything, but the checkout girl at WM promised me they were good.
3. Ugh. ^^These^^ solar panels. They are my nemesis! And I am going to complain about them (not the product itself, just the install process) until we finish this stinking project and have loads of glorious power to run lots of fun things on our boat. Like our refrigerator. For cheese.
4. Did I mention that we just decided we now need to add-on to our existing bimini stainless steel support structure to accommodate our new panels? We were under the impression that we would not need to build any new supports. It’s always something, isn’t it?
5. In case you missed it yesterday over on Facebook (but you shouldn’t miss anything really — just make sure to “like” us at >>Facebook.com/lahowind<< for all the latest and greatest!!!), Jereme went and trimmed down his raging beard. I kinda loved his beard, but he had just about enough of it — having to pick food particles out at every meal and all. That thing was better than velcro! It became a chore to simply try and enjoy a bowl of cereal…much less a plate of ribs or something messy. So for now, Jer’s beard is nicely trimmed and I’m sure it may make a return appearance one day down the road.
6. So, it took Jereme and I a whopping 15 minutes (maybe more like 20) last night to figure out how the heck to open our new Lifeproof iPad Case. Someone might want to tell the Lifeproof folks not to stash the instructions *inside* the locked case. (Just an fyi — we will being using the iPad (with GPS and now a few awesome navigation apps) as our primary chart plotter.)
7. I just have to quickly mention daylight savings. How great is it when it stays light so much later??? I love it! That is all.
Happy Tuesday! xo.
>>Thanks for visiting LAHOWIND sailing blog! We’d love for you to get to know us and follow our story as we attempt to navigate a whole new world of sailing.