Since recently posting about all the stuff I”ll surely complain about missing after we hit the high seas, why not talk about all the stuff that won’t be so bad leaving behind? There’s gotta be a few things, right? 😉
Surprisingly, it was rather easy to compile a list of the crappy things we’ll be thrilled to say goodbye to when we leave.
So, in no particular order…
- Having to work. Um, hi, that’s a no brainer.
- And having to wear work clothes (not to be confused with workout clothes). Peace out professional attire!
- Alarm clocks. We won’t really need to rely on such a thing once we’re gone.
- Snowbird traffic (and tourist season here in Naples). I definitely won’t miss those crazy snowbird drivers. They are horr-i-ble!
- All the crap we sold before we left. So thrilled it took something like this to finally say sayonara to our junk.
- Connectedness to technology. Or more so, social media. It will be a welcome relief to have some forced disconnectedness (is that a word?) to these social platforms. Don’t get me wrong, I love being able to stay up to date with friends and family, but seriously, these mediums have gotten way too addictive and have been known to suck me in from time to time.
Once again, I asked Jereme the same question, and his response…
- Having to be places at certain times (i.e work, appointments, etc.).
Okay, that’s more of a normal answer this time and I totally feel the same way. That’s really the beauty of what we are about to undertake… we have no agenda, no schedules, no rules! And, let me tell ya, it freaking ROCKS!
Although I’m sure we will experience our fair share of ups and downs on this adventure of ours, I’m hopeful that the “highs” will far outweigh the “lows.”
We are so ready to travel and fill our little ole sailboat with treasured memories that become our story for life.
Now if we could just get going already… 😉
>>Thanks for visiting LAHOWIND sailing blog! We’d love for you to get to know us and follow our story as we attempt to navigate a whole new world of sailing.