I guess it’s technically still the weekend for some of us who get this fine day off to celebrate our lovely Presidents!
And not to mention, SOON I’ll be on permanent weekends considering I have only F-O-U-R days of work remaining!!! Gah! I am so excited, I can hardly stand it.
Anywho, this weekend was such a great one, as expected. With highlights (in no particular order) including:
- the panang curry we ordered from sushi thai. i love this dish. always and forever.
- our portable boat heater. valentine’s on the boat would’ve been
ruinedsuper cold without it.
- blowing bubbles in the back yard with jer’s 2-year-old niece olivia. and watching her pour liquid bubbles all over herself. repeatedly. gotta love 2-year-olds!
- the industrial sized, lifetime supply of cheese balls ashley and melissa picked up. simply amazing.
And a few things we could’ve lived without…
- that crazy guy at north naples country club blasting random jams from his laptop (music was already playing in the bar btw).
- extremely stiff shoulders and necks thanks to the incessant boat work we’ve been tackling.
- having to return the THIRD foulie (aka foul weather jacket) I’ve ordered. what is my deal with these things not fitting?
- and (still) horrible super-slow drivers in naples. ugh! it’s clearly still peak (snowbird) season here in Naples.
And a few quick highlights from our weekend…
On Friday, we celebrated valentine’s in style, just as planned with a fun little thai food + cupcake picnic down at the boat. I love easy celebrating like this. No fuss. No crazy stressful plans. Just a fun relaxed night, just the two of us (plus Ollie).
On Saturday, we took it easy and hung at the house with Jereme’s family since everyone was in town for the day. I made sure to snap a few pics of the Shaidle fam all together…
On Sunday, we crossed a few more boat projects off the list! Yay! But I am WAY too tired to get any photos (from the big camera) edited for this post in a timely manner, so those will have to wait.In the meantime, here are a few quick iPhone shots from yesterday.
>>Thanks for visiting LAHOWIND sailing blog! We’d love for you to get to know us and follow our story as we attempt to navigate a whole new world of sailing.