- We love Tuesdays, and every other day for that matter…especially now that we are *both* officially RETIRED! In case you haven’t heard the news… my very last and final day of work was this past Friday! That’s right, I am *finally* done with my full-time day job (although I still have a few photo sessions lined up for the next two weeks, but I really don’t even consider that work because I LOVE it so much). So now it’s officially “crunch time.” Only a few things to wrap up and we should be cruising in no time at all!
- Speaking of getting “prepared” to leave for good… a recent post from s/v Wild Card kindly reminded me of the hoarding situation that we currently call “life.” Our present living situation is a little out of control. And by “a little,” I mean a LOT. 😉 The other day, I literally caught Oliver cuddled up in a pile of dirty laundry on the floor because there wasn’t room anywhere else to lay (don’t worry, he was quite comfortable). I am SO beyond ready to scrap this tiny bedroom we are living in with piles and piles of stuff/boxes/etc. lying around. It’s clearly time to move onto the boat already!
- About once every 3 or 4 months, Jereme and I get into a somewhat heated Chipotle vs. Moe’s debate. Sad, but true. 😉 It happened again the other day. I can’t help but fight for what I know is right… Chipotle is BY FAR the better, fresher, tastier mexi/burrito option. Who couldn’t possibly love Chipotle’s barbacoa burrito bowl? Who’s with me?
- Boat project list update!!! All we have left to do is install our solar panels (which have FINALLY arrived. thank god!); haul the boat out this week to install a new transducer and fix our broken seacock; and send Jer back up the mast to replace our other spreader light and fix our wind vane. Holy moly, we’re ALMOST THERE!!!
- Have you guys seen the bazillion Buzzfeed quizzes circulating around on Facebook? You must’ve seen one or two by now, right? I typically find myself sucked into taking these silly quizzes because, really, why wouldn’t I want to know “what city I should live in” (London btw) or “what ‘Girls’ television show character I am” (Elijah. WTH!?). 😉 This time, I apparently needed to know what’s my hidden talent. Turns out, it’s science! Lololololololol! Um, I think not. The little profile at the end said I am “half perfectionist, half spaz.” Oh man, that’s accurate. It also said my combo of analytical thinking, creativity, and obsessiveness is a magical combination. And I might have to totally agree with that. 😉 Maybe I am a science geek at heart?
- Okay, I need a really good recommendation for a decent foulie. Jacket only. We’re not willing to spend big $$ on foul weather pants. I’m looking for something definitely 100% waterproof and decently heavy so that I’m not miserable the first time I have to sail in the rain. I’ve ordered (and subsequently returned) 3 different jackets – two Helly Hansens and a Patagonia. The HH sizes were awful! The Patagonia one fit fine, but was the thinnest lightweight joke I’ve ever seen. Help!
>>Thanks for visiting LAHOWIND sailing blog! We’d love for you to get to know us and follow our story as we attempt to navigate a whole new world of sailing, as we cruise the Bahamas and Caribbean.