1. We put a hole in the dinghy. Again. Don’t even ask. It was a rather annoying broken off and rusted screw that did us in at the fuel dock in Red Hook. :(((
2. On a brighter note, we were hunkered down around Coral Bay, St. John waiting out some crazy Christmas winds last week, giving us a chance to properly patch the dink (still a work in progress) and lay around while we continue to enjoy life as cruisers.
3. OMG, I almost forgot. Jereme did away with his lumberjack beard this past week!!! That beard is finito!!! I think we were both getting a little sick of it so we had one helluva hair cut fiesta at a tiny beach in St. John. What, you don’t do your own DIY haircuts on the beach? ;))
4. Have I mentioned that we are on a very interesting new fajita kick? They’ve totally become our new staple dinner since we pretty much always have tortillas, cheese, and sour cream on board. It just makes sense, you know? We use all three of those ingredients religiously around here. And I’ve found over the past several months as live aboard cruisers that peppers (and obviously onions) seem to last longer than most other veggies do around these parts, so we always stock up on those bad boys. Throw in any kind of protein — steak, chicken, fish — and you’ve got yourself a fajita dinner my friends. Usually we happen to have an avocado, salsa, and cilantro on board too making for one great little boat dinner.
5. That being said, I should mention that since becoming liveaboards, Jereme has finally decided he actually likes peppers + onions. Thank god!!!!!! He used to say they gave him heartburn so I went 7 years trying to avoid recipes that were heavy on either. It’s funny how things change, isn’t it. ;))
6. Has anyone tried the new (I think) confetti pop tarts? Yes, I realize we are far from health nuts around here. ;)) As much as regular confetti cupcakes are amazingly delicious, these, my friends, are so not. Don’t waste your time.
7. Why are so many of my Tuesday Tell-Tales about food? #personalprob
8. Our wifi situation continues to be a little bleak here in the Virgins. I’ve officially run out of Kindle books and have moved on to my emergency backup stash of paper books. :(((
9. Oh, and hello, did you see who made Sail Far Live Free’s cut of best sailing blogs?!?!?!?! So awesome! We love SFLF and couldn’t be more thrilled that a few folks find our bloggity blog interesting enough to read. Thanks for the blog love guys!
>>Thanks for visiting LAHOWIND sailing blog! We’d love for you to get to know us and follow our story as we attempt to navigate a whole new world of sailing, as we cruise the Caribbean. …Learn more about us and our sailing + cruising adventures.