This gorgeous slice of paradise seriously holds a piece of my heart. A nice size piece at that. So much so that I told Jereme we’ve just found our little annual vacation tradition from here on forward. Let’s hope we can make a trip to the Cape a regular occurrence of some sort.
And seriously, how has almost one year passed since we got engaged on this perfect white sand beach? (And yes, I know we need to plan a wedding. Lol. That is coming soon!)
Jereme and I (okay, Oliver too) were so thrilled to have the opportunity to stop at our favorite place in the world on our route back through the Bahamas. And as much as I feel like a broken record for calling Calabash Bay, Long Island our favorite, it just is. #sorrynotsorry
This place is the cat’s meow. The icing on the cake. The whatever-other-clever-names-you-can-think-of. ;)) It’s just perfect.
We rolled into Calabash Bay after a quick stop in Clarence Town (on the other side of Long Island) and quickly dropped anchor before dinghying into our favorite little beachfront resort…Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas!
We just knew we had to squeeze in a little fake-cation (ya, that’s “fake vacation” since we’ve kinda been on a perma-vacation for the past year) while we were in Long Island. So for three awesome nights, we enjoyed the comfort, beauty, and hospitality of the Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort. And let’s not lie, we mostly took advantage of the endless hot showers, big comfy beds, and air conditioning. Lol.
Oh and free laundry. Gotta love that little perk! ;))
Wanna know what else I love about Cape Santa Maria??? (In no particular order, that is.)
1. Their conch fritters (free during happy hour from 5 to 6PM) are the best I’ve ever tasted. Not joking. The best. (All of the food here is pretty darn great, let’s not lie.)
2. Their beach has the softest, most powdery perfect white sand around. It feels like you are walking on pillow made of flour. Okay, fine, I’m not sure how a pillow would be made of flour but whatever. You get where I’m going with that. The sand is not graining or rough, it’s just the best white sand beach my toes have ever felt! Ever.
3. And speaking of their beach, the water is perfection. Perfect turquoise blue crystal clear bahamian water. With lots of fun sea life like (my favorite) red puffy starfish!
4. Oh my gosh and everyone is super friendly and helpful here. Super duper extra friendly. Cape Santa Maria’s staff might seriously be the friendliest around. For reals. Everyone knows your name (and even remembered that we got engaged here last May!). And what the heck makes us so special? Nothing. But they sure do make you feel pretty darn special and I love that.
5. The specialty frozen drinks. Need I say more? ;)) Hello mango daiquiri!!!
And the list goes on and on, but who has all day to read every awesome little detail about this place? Just know, it’s our favorite!
Sadly, this was probably the last time (for awhile at least) that we will arrive at Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort on our own little sailboat, but I sure do hope we can find our way back to this special place after we’re married and hopefully in the future with kids in tow. :))) We sure do love it here!
>>Thanks for visiting LAHOWIND sailing blog! We’d love for you to get to know us and follow our story as we attempt to navigate a whole new world of sailing, as we cruise the Caribbean. …Learn more about us and our sailing + cruising adventures.