Skipper of s/v LAHO and one awesome poodle mix.
Weighing in at a reasonably slender 22 lbs. with grey curls & gorgeous lashes, Oliver is pretty much the World’s Greatest Dog!
Okay, okay, I know everyone thinks they have the best dog ever, but boy did we hit the rescue dog jackpot when we stumbled upon Oliver at an adoption event in July 2010. Oliver had recently been given a second chance at finding his forever home following a short stent at the local animal services shelter. We adopted him when he was about 9 months old (although at the time we thought he was older). I cannot even imagine life without Oliver.
Some fun facts about Oliver:
- Would hunt lizards all day if we allowed it.
- Really, really loves treats.
- Flips out if you pull socks out and start to put them on (he knows it’s time for a walk).
- Makes dog friends everywhere he goes.
- Responds to Oliver, Ollie, Buddy, Pooper, and some other random nicknames we’ve given him.
- Known around town for his gorgeous & extremely long eyelashes, as well as his lovable personality.
- Loves watching TV, but has great disdain for any non-human that appears on screen.
- Always on the lookout to monitor and report any potential intruders.
- And is seriously the best dog EVER!
Check out some of our recent “boat dog” blog posts…
>>Thanks for visiting LAHOWIND sailing blog! We’d love for you to get to know us and follow our story as we attempt to navigate a whole new world of sailing.